users@glassfish.java.net

Last-modified header missing for static content

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 06:32:19 PDT

I'm using JRuby on Rails running on Glassfish (v3) gem. I noticed an issue that occurred as poor performance. I guess the reason is that Glassfish doesn't set Last-Modified header so browser couldn't cache them. In tcp dump I saw that all images, stylesheets and javascripts were loaded again in every request.

These are the only headers Glassfish set for static content:

HTTP/1.x 200 OK
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 12:30:12 GMT

So, how can I define Glassfish to set at least the Last-Modified header but also maybe etag and other caching related headers?
[Message sent by forum member 'serotonin' (serotonin)]