users@glassfish.java.net

Problem upgrading with asupgrade utility

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 14:38:48 PDT

I'm trying to upgrade from GlassfishV2rc8 to V2UR2 and cannot get the asupgrade utility to run.

I'm running a recent version of CentOS (not sure which, but was installed less than 1 year ago) with JDK 1.6.0_06-b02. Glassfish is running in developer mode using domain1.

I did the following:

1. Shutdown old install of GF by typing: ./asadmin stop-domain
2. Finished install GFv2ur2 by typing:

cd glassfish
chmod -R +x lib/ant/bin
lib/ant/bin/ant -f setup.xml

3. Tried to run the upgrade utility by typing:

cd bin
./asupgrade -c

I then responded to the questions: entered the source domain path, the target domains directory, and the passwords.

For the master password, I entered the keystore.jks password for the old installation.

I got the following error message:

An exception occured: Password entered is invalid
Please Enter the valid adminuser,adminpassword and masterpassword

I tried this 2 or 3 times -- same error message. Then I restarted the old installation and verified the admin user/pwd and the master password. All were correct.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Why won't asupgrade run? It ran on my development machine -- albeit between GFv2ur1 and ur2, and with default passwords, but it ran there like a charm!

Thanks,

Rick Horowitz
[Message sent by forum member 'rickhoro' (rickhoro)]