users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Re: exception handling in EJB3 Stateless and JAX -WS. guide tutorial example...

From: Markus Karg <karg_at_quipsy.de>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 11:20:12 +0200

AFAIK in your current situation you do not need to worry about specific
exceptions. Just throw all the business exceptions that you need and do
not care for whether the client is using RMI or SOAP. AFAIK @WebServices
is wrapping any business exception sufficiently, so when using JAX-WS on
the client side, you will catch exactly the same Java Exception again --
while beeing *transported* by SOAP. You do not need to throw SOAP or RMI
specific exceptions. Just throw a FooException.

I can remember I tried out months ago and it worked well, but I am no
SOAP guru. Just give it a try and let us know whether it works. :-)

Regards

Markus