users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Creating a custom sequence generator for JTA/toplink

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 09:39:01 PST

Hi,

> Why do you need the id before calling em.persist()?

I would like to send the id via JMS to a asyncron worker (MDB).

By the way, it could happen, that the id is also not available after em.persist()
I think it's a caching topic from toplink ... a em.flush() could fix this, but
i got other problems ... (e.g. the flush() would write ONE entity to the db - the
other referenced entities are not written -> i got an mysql-constrain-violation-exception...)

regards
Danny
[Message sent by forum member 'danny70437' (danny70437)]