users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Setup of Glassfish Email to use remote server and Port

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:32:41 PST

> There has been another issue in this forum a few days
> ago:

> 33
>
> It seems that properties are either generally ignored
> or at least the important ones.

I had been the initiator of the referenced thread above. I'd like to point out that I did not mean to say that properties are ignored in general or that "the important ones" are ignored. That is not my experience, and I can confirm that JavaMail sessions work with remote hosts.

My specific difficulties are with SMTP authentication and JavaMail sessions. The question was whether it is possible to configure a JavaMail session with username and password in a way so that Glassfish sets up the javax.mail.Session object directly for SMTP authentication, without requiring additional actions for authentication by the application.

Regards
Stephan
[Message sent by forum member 'smuehlst' (smuehlst)]