users@glassfish.java.net

glassfish and netbeans on Linux

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 11:29:38 PST

Hi

I recently installed Netbeans 6.0 on a linux machine. When I try to start Sun system application server 9.1 I get the following errors:

ADM1079: Initialization of AMX MBeans started java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]
CORE5071: An error occured during initialization
com.sun.appserv.server.ServerLifecycleException: Cannot bind to URL [rmi://mygateway.ar7:8686/management/rmi-jmx-connector]: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: mygateway.ar7; nested exception is:
        java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]

This is happening when the machine is connected to the internet.

If the machine is not connected to the internet:
RMI TCP Accept-0: accept loop for ServerSocket[addr=/127.0.0.1,port=0,localport=37066] throws
java.io.IOException: Too many open files

Frankly I do not know what is causing this problem.

Thank you
yuval peery
[Message sent by forum member 'yp2008' (yp2008)]