users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish JavaMail Session and SMTP Authentication

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 12:25:32 PST

Hi,

please allow me to repeat and rephrase the question, as I couldn't find an answer elsewhere.

Should it be possible to define the parameters for SMTP authentication in a GlassFish JavaMail session object from the GlassFish admin console, so the web application doesn't need to care about username and password when it gets the javax.mail.Session object via JNDI?

For example Apache Roller assumes that everything is set up already when it gets the javax.mail.Session object via JNDI. Is this assumption correct?

Thanks
Stephan
[Message sent by forum member 'smuehlst' (smuehlst)]