users@glassfish.java.net

Web application symbolic links not recognized or followed

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 13:26:46 PST

I have a web application in exploded format which contains symbolic links to other directories. These links are not recognized when the application is deployed and is causing a major problem. I assume the default setting for the web container is to not follow symbolic links (great for security) but we must be able to follow symbolic links in this case. How can we configure the container/web application to follow symbolic links?

Many thanks in advance.
[Message sent by forum member 'ggierer' (ggierer)]