users@glassfish.java.net

RolledbackException in Glassfish - the info is there - why hide it?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 16:25:14 PST

I am using OpenJPA and Glassfish.

I have an entity that uses the @PrePersist tag. If things don't go smoothly, I throw an exception. A typed exception, with useful information needed to provide the user with valuable feedback and make my application behave rationally.

There does not seem to be a way to get at that exception once I've thrown it however. The exception I do get a hold of is an EJBRolledbackTransactonException. It is caused, intuitively enough, by a javax.transaction.RolledbackTransactionException.

(As an aside, why EJBRollbackTransaction felt the need to define getCausedBy which returns null in this cause when getCause was already there is not clear but I digress)

RolledbackTransaction does have the info I need (nested three levels down but it's there) EXCEPT it's on a private field that is used to print its stack trace ('details').

Is there another way to get at it, and can you guys please fix this?

Thanks,
Benjamin
[Message sent by forum member 'therealbr' (therealbr)]