users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How do I change the URI encoding to UTF-8 in Glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 06:33:25 PST

I'm wondering this as well. I'm considering moving to glassfish from tomcat as a servlet container (and more later). I'm running solr instances and need to be able to pass utf-8 encoded characters through the URL. With the default settings, it's using some other encoding and everything comes back garbled.

In tomcat, I had to add a URIEncoding="UTF-8" attribute to the active Connector in the server.xml. I can't find any kind of an analog for this in glassfish, or any other place that seems obvious to specify this. Thoughts anyone?
[Message sent by forum member 'petercline' (petercline)]