users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Is it allowed to open a ServerSocket port from a bootstrap class?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:19:53 PST

Hi,

I followed your instruction to add

<jvm-options>-Dcom.sun.enterprise.server.ss.ASQuickStartup=false</jvm-options>

to the domain.xml file. But there is no difference: when I access the port from a client, the connection is refused.

I have found another interesting thing: actually, the port is closed when the server is ready. I printed debug information saying the port is open, the ServerSocket is not null. But when Glassfish is running (supposed to keep the port open), I can run another program which opens the same port. So the port is closed. Which program closes the port?

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
[Message sent by forum member 'weijiang' (weijiang)]