users@glassfish.java.net

Re: ACC, Web Start and IIOP/SSL

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 06:49:10 PST

Hey, no problem. Forum posting collisions/overlaps happen all the time.

I believe that you should be able to get SSL working using the appclient command by following Shing-Wai's post (http://blogs.sun.com/swchan/entry/enterprise_java_bean_over_ssl and pointed to earlier in this thread). The product documentation also discusses this (http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-3672/gckgn?a=view). Yes, that's the only working choice currently. I am not sure if that is a usable approach for you or if you really are relying on the Java Web Start feature. That path - using Java Web Start to launch app clients - won't work for you with SSL until we address 3900.

Does your solution need this to work via Java Web Start or would the appclient command approach be OK for you (if not ideal)?

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]