users@glassfish.java.net

Re: performance issues glassfish ejb3.0

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 00:50:21 PST

so i changed the tool and went for "siege" (www.joedog.org) a multithreaded simple to use performance testing tool. i also made some changes to my domain.xml file as written in jean-francois arcand's blog (http://weblogs.java.net/blog/jfarcand/archive/2007/03/configuring_gri_2.html).

my testcase is still a simple jsp that calls a SLSB, validates against hardcoded username and password and returns a "hello" page.

i still find the cpu usage of glassfish horrendous compared to other servers with similar settings. the throughput again saturates at about 440 transactions per second with 250 concurrent users. thats the best i get out of glassfish at the moment, because then the cpu usage of the server machine is 100%!

is there a way to decrease the cpu usage of glassfish? other servers with similar settings show an average cpu usage of 45% at the same rate with the same amount of users (250) and transactions per second about 500. Transactions are still increasing with increasing amount of users (300 users = 600 tps.. ).

do i oversee something?

thanks for helping,

greetings,

mario
[Message sent by forum member 'the666pack' (the666pack)]