users@glassfish.java.net

Re: EJB call from standalone client via IIOPS (SSL)

From: Witold Szczerba <pljosh.mail_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 18:41:50 +0100

Hooly ***, is it really required for every single EJB to be explicitly
told that it does have to be available only through SSL? In my
application we have dozens of EJBs, we haven't use SSL yet, but I was
sure it will be something like s single switch and all the traffic is
encrypted.

What if someone will add new EJB into our application and he/she will
forget to setup that particular EJB in sun-ejb-jar to be accessed
through SSL? That could be a serious security issue!
Maybe there is some way to tell Glassfish to use SSL by default for every EJB?

Thanks,
Witold Szczerba