users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to define a cluster on multi-homed hosts

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 12:51:50 PST

Hi,

has noone an idea about this problem?

Is someone using GF cluster on different physical machines with mutliple network interfaces? In a typical enterprise environment, this is a usual configuration. Often, server systems have one network interface for system management and an other one for production. So it is necessary to bind the GF process only the the productive network interface (e.g. for security reasons).

I dont understand the GF config dialog to bind a Network Address. This setting has a default of 0.0.0.0 which meas that GF binds to all available network interfaces. When I set a specific IP address - this address can only be valid on one physical machine - then it makes no sense to specify this on a "per cluster" base. This Should be in fact configured on a "per Server Instance" base. It seems, that the current configuration is only possible if all cluster nodes (Server Instances) are running on the same machine.?!

Any idea? Maybe I don't understand the configuration - or is this a bug?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,
 Frank
[Message sent by forum member 'fmeili' (fmeili)]