users@glassfish.java.net

Re: java:comp/env problems

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 10:27:11 PST

What if multiple applications depend on these values? Then they really should be defined centrally.

But I don't see any direct support even to store a simple string property on the jndi tree with glassfish. Is the only way to do it using a javax.naming.spi.ObjectFactory?? I would believe that one shouldn't need to create a dummy ObjectFactory that simply returns a hardcoded string (this way it would also be more difficult to change the actual value).

(The setup needed for using a custom ObjectFactory is explained here: http://blogs.sun.com/chengfang/entry/how_to_create_custom_resources)

Isn't this quite an overkill?? Anything simpler?
[Message sent by forum member 'andreou' (andreou)]