users@glassfish.java.net

Coping a GlassFish installation from one PC to another

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:10:35 PST

Hi,

I'm pretty new to the Java world. I'm now developing a web application using NetBeans and GlassFish. I've so far had them both installed on my dev machine, but I'd like to have the web application run now on a different machine. What I'd like to know is this: given that the same paths are used, can I copy the complete GlassFish folder from my dev machine to another server and have it run without any additional installations? (JDK will be installed and JAVA_HOME will be specified, of course)

In the non-Java Windows world this will not likely be possible, due to the use of the system Registry. Both machines are going to be running Windows, but I was wondering if the GlassFish installation is really self contained, so that it could be moved around?

Thanks,
Eran
[Message sent by forum member 'erangi' (erangi)]