users@glassfish.java.net

bug in a toplink!?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 05:42:51 PST

(I'm using glassfish + toplink + mysql)

I think that I found a bug in a toplink library.

In order to reproduce the bug follow these steps:

Make a table into db TAB:(INT id, VARCHAR content)
Make an ejb module with Entity for TAB row.
Make a facade in order to manage the Entities.

Make a local interface for test method.
Into test method create new Entity(1,new Date().toString()).
call entity manager merge for the entity created.

Call the test method: The data is inserted into db.
ReCall the test method: The data is updated into db.
Delete manually by using mysql client the row with id = 1.
ReCall the test method: [b]data is not updated, the row is not inserted[/b]

Re try this with Hibernate and works also the last step.
So I think that there is a bug in Toplink.
[Message sent by forum member 'peppeme' (peppeme)]