users@glassfish.java.net

How can I install Glassfish on a cluster instance?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 14:03:34 PST

We are evaluating Glassfish as a replacement for Weblogic. I have successfully installed and configured the DAS but am having difficulty creating the node agents on the physical machines that will be running the cluster members.

I have three machines: admin, server1 and server2. The admin server runs DAS. Server 1 and server 2 will each run one cluster member.

After unjarring the installation with this command there is no bin directory on the cluster member machines:

java -Xmx256m -jar glassfish-installer-v2ur1-b09d-sunos.jar

Do I need to run the setup-cluster.xml ant script on the cluster member machines as well? I thought that was just to create the domain and DAS. I don't see how to get the bin directory created so that I can run asadmin create-node without running that ant script though.

-Dave
[Message sent by forum member 'davideagen' (davideagen)]