users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to profile a cluster glassfish instance

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 07:13:40 PST

Hello Kedar,

All is now working remote and local.
I have installed the last version 6.0.1 do do it working locally - there was a nice wizard that genrate the good config for asenv.conf and domain.xml.

[i]<profiler enabled="true" name="NetBeansProfiler">
<jvm-options>-agentpath:/product/integration/netbeans-6.0.1/profiler2/lib/deployed/jdk15/linux/libprofilerinterface.so=/product/integration/netbeans-6.0.1/profiler2/lib,5140</jvm-options>
</profiler>[/i]

I copy/paste the jvm option to add this in the DAS GUI in the cluster configuration Jvm Options screen.

I just tick the profiler enable & the good jvm option for my cluster configuration and restart the cluster.

By defaut, the port used is the 5140
If this port is used you can change this
Jiri Sedlacek (Jiri.Sedlacek_at_sun.com) gives me a good Url that explain this :
http://blogs.sun.com/nbprofiler/entry/understanding_profiler_agent_parameters

For the remote debugging, my problem was simple, my http proxy definition was bad for local usage - i just add some "No proxy for ..." & then it works !!

Thanks,
Olivier
[Message sent by forum member 'omerlin' (omerlin)]