users@glassfish.java.net

Re: custom log file?

From: Kristian Rink <kawazu_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 12:26:59 +0100

Am Thu, 28 Feb 2008 11:25:06 PST
schrieb glassfish_at_javadesktop.org:

> The log viewer will list all the files in the "logs" directory. I you
> place your own ones there, you will be able to view them with the log
> viewer. [Message sent by forum member 'ewernli' (ewernli)]

Thanks a bunch for your hints on that. Well, so far I packed a .war
application containing a (JDK-) logging.properties in WEB-INF/classes/.
Dumping that to tomcat and having the app configured to use JDK
logging, it seems this file is indeed evaluated and the log file
created in the right place. In glassfish however, it seems that no
matter what I do have in logging.properties, the log still all goes to
server.log. Is that an intended behavior, and, if so, where to place a
logging.properties file while deploying a war app to glassfish?

TIA and best regards,
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink * http://zimmer428.net * http://flickr.com/photos/z428/
jab: kawazu_at_jabber.ccc.de * icq: 48874445 * fon: ++49 176 2447 2771