users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to config glassfish instances to talk to each other - front/backend

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 23:29:29 PST

Thanks for your reply.

It is being split up for security reasons in a typical three-tier deployment scenario.

With other application servers I've worked with, in such a case, you need to shut down the JNDI namespace on the non-backend nodes and configure them to use the JNDI namespace of the backend and thus have a common shared JNDI namespace. Is that the same with Glassfish? I'm having real trouble finding decent information, even in the EJB faq (https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/ejb/EJB_FAQ.html ).
[Message sent by forum member 'dcam' (dcam)]