users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem installing application server

From: Snjezana Sevo-Zenzerovic <Snjezana.Sevo-Zenzerovic_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 15:10:37 -0800

Regarding the first problem with SJS AS installer: your hunch is
unfortunately correct. Installation framework used by this distribution
contains only 32 bit native utilities so only way to install it would be
to use 32 bit version of JDK/JRE as installer runtime and then provide
pointer to 64 bit JDK to be used for application server runtime, so that
would be one workaround. Another option would be to get Glassfish bits
from https://glassfish.dev.java.net/downloads/v2ur1-b09d.html and run
its ant based installation, that should work.

I hope that someone more familiar with Ubuntu distribution of Glassfish
will be able to point out what the cause of your second issue might be,
but if you follow one of the workarounds mentioned in previous paragraph
you should be able to get thing going regardless of this domain creation
issue.

Snjezana