users@glassfish.java.net

Problem installing application server

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 14:42:41 PST

Hi all,

First of all, I'm new on this forum and I hope I'm posting on the right thread, if not I apologize.

I'm using Ubuntu 7.10 with the 64 bits 2.6.22-14-generic kernel and I'm trying to install the Java System Application Server in order to use it with Tomcat and Netbeans.
When I try to install the application server in the regular way from the latest binary file provided on the Sun website, I have the following output :

[b]$ ./sjsas-9_1_01-linux.bin -javahome /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.03/
Checking available disk space...
Checking Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment...
Extracting installation files...
Launching Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment...
Attach to native process failed
Deleting temporary files...[/b]

So I tried to install Glassfish 1.0-2 from the repositories once, it worked well but I did a stupid manipulation and removed it. I wanted to re-install it (from the repositories again), and I got the following output :

[b]
... (standard installation outputs)
Using default port 3920 for IIOP_MUTUALAUTH.
Using default port 8686 for JMX_ADMIN.
org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
CLI130 Could not create domain, domain1
Failed to create domain.
dpkg: error processing glassfish (--configure):
 glassfish
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)[/b]

So apparently in the first case (Application Server 9.1) there's a problem (maybe due to the version of the binary file with respect to my 64 bits architecture ?), and in the second case (Glassfish), there's a problem when creating domains, which seems to be a bit annoying (at least to register it with Netbeans).

Does anyone have an idea or a solution ?

Thank you very much!
[Message sent by forum member 'gruyere' (gruyere)]