users@glassfish.java.net

contextDestroyed not called when the web application is disabled

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 12:54:01 PST

Hi

I've a simple web application where there is a Servlet Context Listener to initialize the app and cleanup after shutdown.

At the startup of Glassfish, "contextInitialized" method is called as expected. However the "contextDestroyed " method is not called when the web app is disabled via admin console.

I've deployed the same war file in Tomcat (6.0.14), "contextInitialized" is called at startup and if I stop the web-app via Tomcat Manager "contextDestroyed" is called.

Stopping and starting comes in handy as we can make changes on the fly and start the app. Otherwise, we may have to restart the server, or undeploy/redeploy the app.

I'm wondering is this a desired behavior or am I seeing a bug?

Thank you
Ramesh
[Message sent by forum member 'rmsh' (rmsh)]