users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Node Agent Windows Service

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 09:18:37 PST

so using the wiki and through trial and error I was able to create a service for the node-agent with:

sc.exe create GF2node binPath= "C:\glassfish\lib\appservService.exe \"C:\glassfish\bin\asadmin.bat start-node-agent --user admin --passwordfile C:\glassfish\password.txt node01\" \"C:\glassfish\bin\asadmin.bat stop-node-agent node01\"" start= auto DisplayName= "GF2 Nodeagent"

The key was recognizing that if I didn't put a space between binPath= and the value "C:\...." it wouldn't create the service.

Now that I have the service created I made sure I have the Xrs option in both the domain.xml and the process xml but when I go to start it I get:

"Could not start the GF2 Nodeagent service on Local Computer."
"Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

in a dialog box. The service then stays hung in a "starting" status and the java.exe spawned from that service just hangs until killed through the task manager.

I've checked the Event Log for any helpful info and saw:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( appservService ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: C:\glassfish\bin\asadmin.bat start-node-agent --user admin --passwordfile C:\glassfish\password.txt node01.

Is this because I'm remote desktopped into the server?

Attached is my nodeagent server.log
[Message sent by forum member 'areplogle' (areplogle)]