users@glassfish.java.net

custom log file?

From: Kristian Rink <kawazu_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 15:57:38 +0100

Folks,

pardon me if this is an obvious / easy question: So far, I have moved
all our .war applications from tc6 to glassfish, and they work fine.
Also modified most of the code to use commons-logging along with JDK
logging rather than log4j "directly" (as they used to do before), so
this is fine as well.

However, talking about "logging": So far all the logging output from
any application is dumped to the domains "server.log", viewable from
the web admin console. Is there a way in glassfish/JDK-logging to
introduce application-specific logfiles as well _and_ have them
viewable using the management console? I'd enjoy having something like
"Application Server" -> "General" -> "View Log Files" -> select
"myapp.log" from the drop-down box and just see the log file specific
to myapp? Is this possible, and if so, how to do so?

TIA and best regards,
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink * http://zimmer428.net * http://flickr.com/photos/z428/
jab: kawazu_at_jabber.ccc.de * icq: 48874445 * fon: ++49 176 2447 2771