users@glassfish.java.net

Problem with redirection of server.log

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 03:18:28 PST

Hello folks!

I'm relatively new to Java Application Server. I use the Sun Application Server 9. Last week I reconfigured the server to redirect the server.log file to a specific location. Everything worked fine but when I wanted to view the log a few days later the server.log file could not be found by the server. Consequently I checked the directory where the server.log should be redirected to but server.log disappeared. There are only a few old log files some of them 0 kB and some with a size approximately like the rotation limit which is configured.

By the way the original configuration worked fine. What's the matter?

Kind regards,
Robert
[Message sent by forum member 'robsta10' (robsta10)]