users@glassfish.java.net

mysqlpool being created automatically by Glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 18:40:40 PST

I am trying to connect a remote Glassfish server to a remote Mysql database. Following the guidelines on the web, I copied the JDBC driver to the domain1/lib/ext directory and created a connection pool with the appropriate databasename, servername, username and password.

To create the JDBC resource, I looked at the web.xml file and created a jdbc resource with the same name as the res-ref-name, ie, jdbc/ism6930_MYSQL and connected it to the connection pool created above.

However, when I deploy the application, during deployment, a new JDBC resource is being created with the same name (jdbc/ism6930_MYSQL). What is more surprising is that a completely new connection pool called mysqlpool is being created automatically, the new JDBC resource is being connected to this mysqlpool, and the table is not rendering correctly.

I have tried many solutions, including deleting the mysqlpool, deleting the new JDBC resource connected to mysqlpool etc.. but nothing seems to solve the problem. mysqlpool always gets generated when the application is deployed.

Any pointers would be appreciated. There will be many users deploying to this appserver, and connecting to different databases. They will need to use different connection pool names.

The logs show the error as: Access denied for user 'ism6930'@'java' (using password: YES). But java is not the complete hostname.

I am happy to send the application, URL and any additional information for test.

Thanks
Manish
[Message sent by forum member 'magrawal' (magrawal)]