users@glassfish.java.net

Re: SSL Handshake Error As Soon As server starts

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 18:01:15 -0500

Hi,

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> All,
>
> When I start domain, I am getting below exception as soon as domain start completes. There are no clients connected or not even any applications deployed. Please let me know where to look and suggestions to fix the issue. I have also enabled javax.net.ssl log, but no clue.
>
> [#|2008-02-21T17:26:40.390-0500|SEVERE|IS5.1.3|org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint|_ThreadID=13; ThreadName=http18104-Process
> or4;stacktrace-id=0;|Handshake failed
> javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host closed connection during handshake
> at com.ibm.jsse2.jc.a(jc.java:158)
> at com.ibm.jsse2.jc.g(jc.java:480)
> at com.ibm.jsse2.jc.a(jc.java:137)
> at com.ibm.jsse2.jc.startHandshake(jc.java:168)
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory.handshake(JSSESocketFactory.java:161)
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:581)
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:691)

Which version of GlassFish is this? You are running the Coyote Connector
so I suspect you are using SJSAS 8.0, right? Or have you disabled the
Grizzly Connector?

> Caused by: java.io.EOFException: SSL peer shut down incorrectly
> at com.ibm.jsse2.a.a(a.java:17)
> at com.ibm.jsse2.jc.a(jc.java:76)

GlassFish + IBM VM? Not sure this is a supported env. Can you try with a
SUN VM (I suspect not, but just trying :-)).

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois