users@glassfish.java.net

Re: url mapping

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 08:06:40 PST

I assume that you go to page1, on that page you have a link or button, and when you press that button you have your backing bean send them to page2, but the url in the address bar says page1, correct?

What sounds like is happening is that JSF is doing a FORWARD to the new resource (page2 in this case) rather than a REDIRECT.

FORWARD is an internal behaviour of the server, while REDIRECT is a command sent to the browser to make a new request.

I don't know how to configure JSF to use a REDIRECT, but I'm sure it's possible. Perhaps that will give you an idea of something to look for in the documentation.
[Message sent by forum member 'whartung' (whartung)]