users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JPA Recursive Updates for One-to-Many and Many-To-One Relationships

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 14:20:33 PST

Now I have spent the whole weekend on this issue, I think I see a major roadblock of using SQLServer 2005 and JPA. The simple fact is SQL Server 2005 does not provide you a primary key (using the Identity type for the primary key) until the information is saved to the database. Therefore, relationships CAN NOT be made until you have a primary key. This would mean the bean you need to manage its own rollback procedure for SQL Server 2005.

I might be wrong on this, but that's how I see it thus far with regards to TOPLINK's implementation of JPA.

Russ
[Message sent by forum member 'russ205' (russ205)]