users@glassfish.java.net

FTP ResourceAdapter or Connector

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 01:05:27 PST

Hi

I'm pretty new to J2EE and am trying to find out how to monitor a FTP directory remotely.
I've done this before in a console application using commons-net.

I would like to accomplish this by using a TimerBean to poll the remote FTP directory and download new files.
But I believe that EJB's shouldn't create socket connections directly, but should use Resource Adapters or JCA Connectors.

Unfortunately I can't find any FTP resource adapters or connectors for glassfish.

Please point me in the right direction.
[Message sent by forum member 'sluglit' (sluglit)]