users@glassfish.java.net

JSF Facelets Whitespace trimming

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 03:35:10 PST

Hi all,

I'm new to JSF/Facelets and I'm having trouble with my application stripping the whitespaces from the code causing unexpected formatting. I understand that because the files are parsed as XML and therefore the whitespace is trimmed, but is there a workaround?

i.e.
The .xhtml file would read:
[code]Welcome <h:outputText rendered="#{userSession.user != null}">#{userSession.user.person.nickname}</h:outputText>[/code]
Would be rendered as:
[code]Welcomefoo[/code]

This is very frustrating so any help you could give would be a great help!

Thanks,

Dan
[Message sent by forum member 'dansiviter' (dansiviter)]