users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Not getting any out put from in a MDB

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 23:34:03 PST

What was your solution?

I am encountering a similar problem. Although in my case the message is being received by the MDB.

When I attempt to send a message back via the TemporaryQueue obtained from the JMSReplyTo, it never makes it back to the client. My client just hangs forever.

I've tried using QueueRequestor.request as well as a Temporary Queue that I've created myself. In the client I am using the QueueRequestor.receive to read reply from the MDB (when I set up my own Temporary reply to Queue).

The only real clue I have is that I'm getting the following message in my server.log
DirectConsumer:Caught Exception delivering messagecom.sun.messaging.jmq.io.Packet cannot be cast to com.sun.messaging.jms.ra.DirectPacket
and
MQJMSRA_MC2001: createConnection API used w/ username, password for Container Auth
MQJMSRA_DC2001: connectionId=2598322172889006848:_destroy():called on a connection that was not closed.

These last two messages are produced repeatedly every 10 minutes.

The server is GlassFish V2 running I'm also using NetBeans 6 (all of which came from the Java EE + Tools bundle on the sun web site).
[Message sent by forum member 'gm310509' (gm310509)]