users@glassfish.java.net

Does GlassFish have Application Event Listeners?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 12:27:02 PST

Hello,

I'm still pretty green to GlassFish, so I'm hoping someone can enlighten me. Basically, I'm trying to initialize some resources during the application startup. Since the server hosts multiple EARs, I really cannot use the server life cycle hooks. Also, the way this application is wired, I can't use the web application life-cycle listeners (or servlet init functions) to perform this. Are there any hooks into the server to allow for this prior to the web applications (there are multiple WARs in the EAR) accepting requests? Something like a preStartup or postStartup interface that I could use? Thanks!

Chris
[Message sent by forum member 'csiemback' (csiemback)]