users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Need help about port range used by Glassfish node <--> DAS

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 03:56:06 PST

John, you're right, but...

In my original post i wrote about a "cluster environment with a DAS on a subnet and two nodes on another subnet, firewalled" exactly for these reasons.

I've tried the solution Node1+DAS / Node2 because for this test i "only" have 3 servers:

- 1 Redhat on vmware on a subnet 10.133.x.x (for DAS)

- 2 Redhat on real machines on another subnet 10.138.x.x (for nodes)

I cannot use a vmware machine on 10.138 subnet and clients cannot reach 10.133 subnet...

So, i have only 3 chances:

- DAS+ node on a server and node on the other (overhead and no recovery plan)

- Three servers on the 10.138 subnet (Money for hardware and licenses!!!!!! no good..)

- Find the ports to enable on firewall and use my first plan!

:-)

Thanks again!
[Message sent by forum member 'shambola' (shambola)]