users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish JMS Clustering Questions

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 12:20:36 PST

Thanks for the reply.....I just to clarify a few things.

I have two requirements : a fully redundant JMS / Glassfish cluster and when a process publishes to a topic on any instance, all subscribers across the cluster receive that message.

The glassfish cluster part seems fairly straightforward, but I am a little confused in a few areas:

1) Can I create a JMS topic that is considered LOCAL, but will participate in a JMS cluster. This means each AS can accept clients or publishers to a topic (and topic messages will flow across all instances). Would I use the cluster config to make this work across all instances?

2) How can I tell if a topic is durable or not? I need to control it.

I don't really care if it is REMOTE or LOCAL or EMBEDDED or whatever....just whatever is simplest (i.e. it's ok to have the AS and the JMS broker togther in our environment)
[Message sent by forum member 'h1d3m3' (h1d3m3)]