users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Please help me! password lost!!!

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 09:19:58 PST

The password is saved as a ONE-WAY hash. It is impossible to get it back.
Here is what you can do -- let's assume your domain is "domain1"

0. I assume domain1 is stopped since you have no password
0.5 delete ~/.asadminpass
1. backup your domain (asadmin backup-domain domain1) -- just in case!
2. create a new domain --> asadmin create-domain --adminport 4848 domain2
3. copy the magic auth files from domain2/config to domain1/config
4. delete domain 2 files
5. start domain1 with the password you gave to create domain2
6. asadmin login

MAGIC FILES:
admin-keyfile
cacerts.jks
keyfile
keystore.jks

-- I'm assuming you are using jks. If you are using the NSS (?) look for likely key files.
[Message sent by forum member 'bnevins' (bnevins)]