users@glassfish.java.net

Enterprise app + cluster question

From: Dirk Reske <Dirk.Reske_at_devhost.de>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 19:58:36 +0100

Hello,

I have a question about clustering of enterpise applications.
Currently we have an enterprise application containing an ejb and a jsf
webapplication accessing the ejb's local interfaces.
Because we are at a early state of development, changes should be no
problem.

We are planning to cluster the application in production use.
Since we have no experiences in this field, there are some questions.

Should put the whole enterprise app (ejb + web) on all cluster instances
and access the ejb's through their local interfaces?
Or should we put the web package on some of the instances and the ejb's
on the other cluster instances and access the ejb's through their remote
interfaces?
Or is the recommoned way an other?

thanks and greets from germany
Dirk