users@glassfish.java.net

Off Topic: MailRA-1.0.0-alpha-1 released

From: Markus KARG <markus.karg_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 16:20:32 +0100

Sorry for this off topic email, but this product was asked for on this
mailing list.

Some weeks back it was asked on this mailing list whether there is a
resource adapter that can be used for non-polling mail processing. Well,
here it is. Today I released a first proof-of-concept on sourceforge. :-)

This first alpha uses SMTP on port 25 to asynchronously receive messages
directly from the MTA. No polling is done, so the overhead is minimal.

This is not yet a rock solid piece of code, so please be careful not to
use it in productive environments. Stable releases are planned for end
of Q2/2008.

Please feel free to test drive it and provide feedback to me. You can
download it here:
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=137224&package_id=150845

Have Fun
Markus