users@glassfish.java.net

Re: glassfish v2 problems on Turkish locale

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 07:04:07 PST

Hi, i tested on Windows XP with regional settings set to Turkish and Mac OS X 10.4.11 with International settings set to Turkish. After default install, the default page at port 8080 says [i]Your Application Server is now running[/i] although there are errors on server.log generated during starting of server. When i try to login into administrator, i get an error after submitting username and password. After modifying the domain.xml and adding -Duser.language=tr-TR, no errors are generated during startup and i can successfully log into administrator. I attached two log files. [i]server_defaultconfig_adminlogin.log[/i] is the server log after default installation / startup and trying login to administrator. [i]server_modifiedconfig.log[/i] is the server log after modifying the domain.xml and restarting server. There are no errors on the modified configuration.

I think this error is related to letter i and I. I also tested with -Duser.language=en-US option and it solves the problem also.

If the regional settings are set to English, there is no need to modify domain.xml but if the regional settings are set to Turkish, adding -Duser.language=tr-TR or -Duser.language=en-US is needed. In the first case (OS regional settings set to English) i added -Duser.language=tr-TR and didn't get any errors.

Thanks
Bilgehan
[Message sent by forum member 'bilgehan' (bilgehan)]