users@glassfish.java.net

Parallel execution task - Design question

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 08:31:04 PST

Hy everybody,

My question is about how to design an EJB application that will be able to execute some tasks in parallel in different thread context.

The problem to resolve is describe below:
I have a client that make an invocation on a stateless EJB in order to ask the server to process a specific task. The task to perform is registered in a database table where each line of this table describes a task to execute.
Each task registered in the database could be split in several sub tasks that could be executed in parallel. When all sub tasks have been executed, a global status is computed and registered in the main task (the parent one).
I have an EJB timer that periodically read each line of the database to extract the next task in order to treat it. When i have each sub task to process how i can do to make the execution of each sub task in parallel and aggregate the result ?

Regards,
[Message sent by forum member 'franck_mosse' (franck_mosse)]