users@glassfish.java.net

External JMX Connections

From: Jason Lee <jason_at_steeplesoft.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 14:50:28 -0600

I'd like to make my web app create an MBean and register it with the
platform MBean Server, which I would assume would be GlassFish's? In my
Java SE testing environment, I'm using

MBeanServer mbs = ManagementFactory.getPlatformMBeanServer();

With my app deployed, I can only assume it's working, as I can't connect to
the MBean Server via jconsole. My first though was to add -
Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote to my GlassFish config, but then the server
wouldn't restart. What is the recommended approach for doing this? Is
there one? :)

Thanks!

--
Jason Lee, SCJP
Software Architect -- Objectstream, Inc.