users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Web server connectors (e.g. AJP) with GlassFish

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 20:33:02 -0500

Hi Rainer,

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hi Jeanfrancois,
>
> not sure what you mean by "no longer supported on tomcat"?

It has been a while since someone asked for the NSAPI plugin on
tomcat-users, and I'm probably wrong (since you are here :-)), but I was
under the impression it wasn't actively developed supported (I'm still a
moderator on tomcat list, hence I follow a little :-))

> The NSAPI plugin is still usable and should work with any AJP backend.Last time I tested it, I could use the 6.1 build we offer in addition to the source successfully with a version 7 Sun web server.
>
> It never contained all the features of the httpd plugin, but most of the core stuff works, e.g. all balancing features.
>
> If you know about problems, you can always post to tomcat-user or tomcat-dev.

This is good to knows :-)

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois