users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Handle Multiple Domain Names To One IP Address

From: Wolfram Rittmeyer <w.rittmeyer_at_jsptutorial.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 20:15:23 +0100

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hi,
> 1.)
> www.[i]xxxx[/i].com <---->91.[i]x.xx[/i].132 and also
> www.[i]yyyy[/i].net <----->91.[i]x.xx[/i].132,
> I want to look in [b]deferent web applications each domain[/b], is that possible?

Yes,

you just have to add virtual servers to your domain.

> and
> 2.) I create a web application (root) [b]Searcher[/b]
> How can I map the domain
> www.[i]xxxx[/i].com/[b]Searcher[/b] ====> www.[i]xxxx[/i].com
> I don't want to change the url. I don't wnat to contain Searcher, because it uses only this web application.

You can define which webapp to run on which virtual server. In the case
of your Searcher app you could use this app as the default app of the
virtual server it is mapped to. You could also use an empty Context-Root
(but this is a bit more tricky since in GF v2 UR1 this can only be done
in the domain.xml, since asadmin and the webbased console state that you
cannot use an empty Context Root).

> 3.)Combining 1. and 2. ??

More on this on Jan's and Jeanfrancois' blogs:
http://blogs.sun.com/jluehe/entry/virtual_hosting_features_in_glassfish
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/jfarcand/archive/2006/06/dynamically_add.html

Hope this help,

Wolfram Rittmeyer