users@glassfish.java.net

Enable Session Memory Replication

From: Asleson, Ryan <asleson_at_BIWORLDWIDE.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 15:00:23 -0600

Hello,

I have successfully created a clustered Glassfish development
environment using the instructions found here:

https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/build/GlassFish_LB_Cluster.html

I have 3 computers: One running the Sun web server with the load
balancer plugin, one computer running a server instance, and one
computer running a server instance and that also acts as the DAS.

I created an application that stores data in session. I can use the
application and see that both instances in the cluster are being used.

I start some work on instance1. Then, I shut down instance1. Next, I
return to the application and go to the next page. I can see that
instance2 is being used (which is correct, since instance1 was shut
down) however none of the session data appears.

After deploying the application to the cluster, I check the
"Availability" check box in the admin console and save. This is
supposed to enable in-memory session replication, right?

Even though the clustering and load balancing are obviously working, I
can't figure out why the session replication isn't working. Can
somebody suggest what I'm doing wrong or what I've missed? Could it
have anything to do with firewalls between the instance1 and instance2?
(I doubt it, since I can control both from one admin console, but I
don't know.

Thank you!!!

-Ryan

This e-mail message is being sent solely for use by the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by phone or reply by e-mail, delete the original message and destroy all copies. Thank you.