users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Re: Sun Web Server Load Balancer Plug-in

From: Asleson, Ryan <asleson_at_BIWORLDWIDE.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 13:56:38 -0600

OK, I finally solved the problems. For those who may find this later,
here's what I had to do. Note that the Sun web server is installed on a
Windows XP computer that is NOT running Glassfish. Consider the
instructions below to be an addendum to the online tutorial; it just
clarifies some things.

1. Download the aslb-9.1-UR1-b1.jar from
http://download.java.net/javaee5/external/WINNT/aslb/jars/.

2. Unzip the jar file. It contains two zip files. Unzip the
SUNWaspx.zip file. Move these files:

icudt2.dll, icuin2.dll, icuuc2.dll and xerces-c.dll

to the same directory in which passthrough.dll resides in the web
server.

3. The lines added to magnus.conf should look like what is below. The
online tutorial isn't clear on where line breaks should and shouldn't
be.

##BEGIN EE LB Plugin Parameters
Init fn="load-modules"
shlib="C:/projects/apps/Sun/WebServer7/plugins/lbplugin/bin/passthrough.
dll" funcs="init-passthrough,service-passthrough,name-trans-passthrough"
Thread="no"
Init fn="init-passthrough"
##END EE LB Plugin Parameters

Init fn="load-modules" shlib="j2eeplugin.dll" shlib_flags="(global|now)"

Save and try to start the server. It should work.