users@glassfish.java.net

Sun Web Server Load Balancer Plug-in

From: Asleson, Ryan <asleson_at_BIWORLDWIDE.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 12:26:29 -0600

Hello,

I'm following this guide here:

https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/build/GlassFish_LB_Cluster.html#i
nstall_web

To set up a clustered Glassfish development environment. I have
successfully created a Glassfish cluster between two different
computers, and now I'm trying to front the Glassfish cluster with the
Sun web server that uses the load balancer.

I installed the Sun Java System Web Server 7.0 on a Windows XP box, and
followed the instructions in the above link to set up the load balancer.

After following the steps, the web server will not start. It fails with
this error in the errors log file:

[08/Feb/2008:13:21:14] info ( 3412): CORE1116: Sun Java System Web
Server 7.0U2 B12/12/2007 08:48
[08/Feb/2008:13:21:14] failure ( 3412): CORE2253: Error running Init
function load-modules: dlopen of
C:/projects/apps/Sun/WebServer7/plugins/lbplugin/bin/passthrough.dll
failed (The specified module could not be found.)

I've triple-checked the location of passthrough.dll and the location is
correct. It complains that it can't be found, but I know it's right
there at the listed path.

Is there any other reason why this is failing? I can't figure it out.

Thank you!!!

-Ryan

This e-mail message is being sent solely for use by the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by phone or reply by e-mail, delete the original message and destroy all copies. Thank you.