users@glassfish.java.net

Re: provisioning

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 13:36:23 PST

We are using N1 SPS to provision AS 9.1 servers. The provisioning uses custom plans which leverage the features of the new N1 SPS Appserver Plugin 6.0. The deployment spans multiple hosts and is automated. The HADB install is done separately like you said. The issue: When doing the app server installs, a bunch of HADB components were also being installed. That was the mystery. But, you have cleared that up. It is good to know that these are only the required HADB client components. Since I thought the HADB was being installed every time, I was wondering if we had to use a separate installer image which did not have the HADB component. I guess not. Thanks.
[Message sent by forum member 'chilak' (chilak)]